Zig Ziglar once said, “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing; that’s why we recommend it daily.”
Here are Five Major tips to get and stay motivated as we approach the middle of year 2019
- Foster the right mindset. Staying motivated is a daily job, but when you’ve cultivated the right mindset, it becomes a normal part of the day. Instead of succumbing to negativity, fill your mind with positive information, including books and podcasts. Some of the most innovative and influential business leaders have written about their journeys to success; read their work or listen to the audiobook. The more positive information you consume, the higher your motivation will be.
- Set goals. As Napoleon Hill wrote, “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” Set a goal and you’ll be motivated to work toward achieving it each day. Be specific. Ask yourself these questions: what do I really want? What do I need to achieve it? What are my next steps? This will narrow your focus and help you rekindle your motivation when you need it.
- Seek accountability. Accountability is the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s actions. It can help one achieve more than anticipated. Although one may be able to hold himself accountable to a degree, it’s more effective to have an accountability partner. For example, if you want to lose five pounds, team up with an accountability partner to meet you at the gym. You can keep each other motivated and ensure you stick to your new healthy habits
- Assessment. It’s an objective standard that allows you to see how you’re doing and measure how close you are to reaching your goals. For most of us, the feeling of progress and the progress you see when you objectively measure aren’t the same.
The more you review your progress, the more motivated you’ll be, whether it’s to get back on track to reach your goals or to set your sights even higher.
5. Share your motivation. If you follow these steps each day, you will become an example to those around you who wish to become more successful. Share your goals and encourage others to set and share their goals. Supporting your friends, family and colleagues will not only benefit them; it will help you stay motivated along your own success journey.