Posted on: February 22, 2019

Dr. Poussaint unveils what passion means to her.

I have a love and passion for teaching.  Although this passion was demonstrated in small ways throughout my 30 year career in corporate America, I did not fully find and unlock this passion until later.  I enjoyed my years working as a business executive, but it was not my passion.  My passion is learning and teaching, so when I was working in that realm by providing employee training and professional development, it was exciting for me.  Oprah stated “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you”.  I am excited to learn new things and energized when I teach and when I feel knowledge is being passed on.  I feel the power when I see a student have an “ah ha” moment and really get a concept or theory.  Yes, it takes more than passion to succeed in your career, business, and in life, but without passion, it can be quite unfulfilling.  “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion.  For your passion will lead you right into your purpose” (Bishop T.D. Jakes). So I ask, what are you passionate about?

Dr. Theresa Poussaint

Adjunct Faculty

VIU Business Department