Posted on: April 17, 2018

Venkata Uttam Kikkisetti

Venkata Uttam Kikkisetti

Since I came in with a different technical background in my undergraduate studies, taking up Computer Science as my major has been very tough and challenging. At VIU, I was provided a path where I can ease my self into the computer science major. I felt the curriculum was very well setup.  The program offers different and various courses, which made me expand my knowledge and exposure. The most standing point is the fact that professors, not only taught according to the curriculum, but also according to the job market.  Their guidelines about what the job market is expecting and what I need to do helped me succeed.

I have been Awarded the Presidents Scholarship for a year; also I have been part of the Facilities team for 3 months. This has been an encouragement and has allowed me to deeply expand my learning of technologies, including outside the curriculum.  My most memorable takeaway was the career oriented guidelines that I have gotten from some of my professors.

I am currently an Associate Integration Engineer in the Development team at EAB.  I am responsible for developing scripts for automation, perform migration activities, provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 application support, and assume the technical escalation point for the team as the technical subject matter expert for our products.

Venkata Uttam Kikkisetti

Alumni, MS in Computer Science