Posted on: March 5, 2018

Meet the SCIS Team: Dr. Mayyada Al Hammoshi

I received my PhD in Computer Science, Computer Networking, and Communications from the College of Computer Science and Math at Mosul University (Iraq). Through more than 20 years, I served as a faculty member in different countries, which gave me the opportunity to be in touch with multicultural communities. In addition to being a faculty member, I had the chance to be involved in administrative positions like the head of IT and research departments. Moreover, I served as the principle investigator for the Omani Research Council Grant’s research toward the development of a multiagent grid computing facility based on graphics processing units and journal editorial board member in many international journals and conferences.

Virginia International University offered me a great opportunity to improve my career by earning a unique experience in teaching such diverse students. What makes a difference in my teaching life is the family soul that I touched when I joined VIU. Faculty and staff are working as one united family, this feeling is also been reflected to students to let them feel that they are home. Such an environment reduces the homesick feeling from our students who are coming from different countries.
With all the mentioned reasons in addition to the professional, enthusiastic, knowledgeable faculty members, I can say that VIU will be one of the leading universities.