Dr. Asaya shares some of the new changes in the PMBOK 6th edition. Readers familiar with the text can expect to see some new phrases and some new focuses. Below are just eight of the changes in this new edition.
- Human Resource Management is now resource management
- Time Management is now schedule management.
- Perform Quality Assurance is now manage quality.
- Control Communication is now monitor communications.
- Plan Stakeholder Management is now plan stakeholder engagement.
- Control Stakeholder Engagement is now monitor stakeholder engagement.
- Three new processes are added. They are manage project knowledge, implement risk responses, and control resources.
- Readers can now find detailed information regarding agile since it has been worked into each chapter of the new edition.
If you are preparing for your project management certification it is important to adequately prepare by reviewing this new edition and taking a project management certification boot camp. Information about VIU’s PM Boot Camps can be found here.