Dr Chakib Chraibi

I am currently the Dean of the School of Computer Information Systems. I am very glad to have the opportunity to serve Virginia International University students and help them accomplish their educational and professional goals to become globally competent professionals and leaders in the computer technology field. These are exciting times to be in the technology field as it is constantly emerging. It is the fastest growing field in the world, according to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics, as computer technology has become ubiquitous and opportunities have broadened considerably.

At VIU, students are our priority. We are proud to empower local students as well as students from all over the world. Our programs are strong, affordable and relevant. Faculty are highly qualified and have experience in the field. All faculty and myself are committed to engage students with the material and have them participate in the class or online and collaborate with each other. The ultimate goal is to provide them with the fundamental skills and instill in them the desire to never stop the learning process so they can excel in whatever they do.

I received my PhD in Computer Science from the State University of New York at Binghamton, and my BSc, MSc, and Doctorate degrees from the University of Bordeaux in France. My research interests are software engineering, real-time systems, computer networks, cybersecurity, data science and artificial intelligence. My PhD dissertation was awarded the Distinguished Dissertation Award in the category of Sciences, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.