Posted on: November 6, 2017

Meet the SCIS Team: Mr. Koorosh Azhandeh

I am a PhD Candidate (ABD) in Computer Science at the Catholic University of America. I received a MS in Computer Science from the Catholic University of America, a BS in Communication Science with a Minor in Technology of Communication from Universita della Svizzera Italiana, Switzerland, and a BA in English Literature and Translation from Azad University, Iran.

Virginia International University has been an amazing experience for me. This organization has not only provided me with the opportunity to pursue my teaching career but also has allowed to enrich my academic and professional development in the higher education. VIU is the most dynamic, and culturally diversified environment to work and excel in.

I strongly believe that the role of the teacher in the 21st century is to facilitate and guide this learning process. An effective teacher not only teaches domain knowledge but also stimulates the learner’s high‐order thinking and provides mentoring. My primary goal is to immerse students in a learning environment that is motivating, engaging, enlightening and where students are free to learn, practice, ask, and think. May my teaching help students become “agile IT professionals” who know both how to learn on their own and work as a team.