Dr. Terry Camden
I am a huge proponent of attaining the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation. Below are a few reasons for why I think that is an important goal.
- Illustrates a level of excellence in and commitment to the accounting profession. This is a very difficult exam with @ 50% pass rates on the first try and so a substantial commitment to passing all the parts is necessary. Once attained, continuing education requirements ensure CPA’s stay current.
- Highly recognized by businesses as requirement for senior level positions. Take a few minutes in reviewing mid and senior level positions and note how many either require or make preferable a CPA designation.
- Valuable as a tool in increasing career opportunities either with the accounting profession or within finance or closely related fields.
- Offers an excellent alternative to networking which is increasingly important in our mobile society.
- Engage in a profession that offers challenge, growth, opportunity, and reward at all points in a professional’s career.