Posted on: October 9, 2017

Meet the SCIS Team: Dr. Saiid Ganjalizadeh

I serve as a full time professor in Virginia International University’s School of Computer Information Systems. I have Ph.D. degree in Information Technology and 24 years of teaching and working in higher education. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in MIS, I was active member of the Washington DC E-Leaning Advisory Council and Instructional Technologist and led the initiatives in LMS selection, classroom pedagogy assistance, system administrator support, one-on-one faculty development, and computer workshops.

I joined VIU in Fall of 2010 semester as an adjunct professor in the School of Computer Information Systems and became full time professor in Fall 2013. It is a great opportunity for me, rather a privilege to work in a multinational higher education environment to gain and share experiences.

The School of Computer Information Systems provides a world-class education in the computing discipline with diverse faculty who are experts in the fields of computer science, information systems, and information technology with many years of experience in their field, both in the US and abroad. Our students at VIU have sacrificed a lot to educate themselves and become more productive citizens of the world, so they deserve the best. It is an honor to be a member of the VIU community and serve our students.