The School of Public and International Affairs is glad to announce a scholarship especially offered to SPIA students. The Gerard and Dianne Blais VIU-SPIA Scholarship will be awarded to a student who demonstrates potential for continued academic and professional success, as well as the need for financial assistance.
Amount: $2,000 (to be divided by two semesters – Fall 2017 and Spring 2018)
Who can apply?
Current, prospective, and returning students can apply for this scholarship.
– Must be new, current, or returning SPIA student
– Must be in good academic standing and meet a minimum cGPA of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale)
– Must enroll as a full time student per semester (3 graduate courses)
1) Fill out the online application form (Click here)
Submit the documents below to email@example.com
2) Most recent transcript (VIU students can access unofficial transcripts in the student portal).
3) Personal statement of success of at least 500 words describing your background, future goals, education, influential experiences, career objectives and financial constraints. This should be in the form of an essay, not a list of facts.
Deadline and Results
The deadline for submitting application is August 17, 2017 and the result will be announced on August 21, 2017.
Award is applied to tuition fees only.
Scholarship awardee can only receive one type of tuition assistance: scholarship or discount (with exception of financial aid).
Selection and Announcement
VIU Scholarship Committee and Ms. Blais will review the applications after the application period is closed. Results will be sent to emails provided on application form.