Posted on: May 17, 2016

SPIA’s First fully online alumni: Ms. Theresa Taylor

Difficult Roads Often Leads to Beautiful Destinations

“Heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companion slept, were toiling upward in the night”. (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
It takes great courage in choosing to thrive, in spite of a slow economy, in spite of financial difficulties and in spite of lack of support from people around you. The great news is, the moment you sincerely make the decision to thrive, inevitable obstacles will not stop you. Indeed, you would have gotten the will power to persevere and achieve.  Graduates, we should be humbled and grateful for today, for today manifest that we have persevered and have achieved.
Being approximately 7200 miles away from the school campus and being a full-time employee, I had to choose to be punctual, choose to keep up and choose to learn to resist temptations and disruptions that would negatively affect my work and my study. I’ve been faced with natural disasters and technical difficulties studying from afar but I remain resilient throughout.

Most certainly, faith, planning and preparation reaps success. Success that you work long, hard and diligently for, success that is worthy of recognition and success that we should always proceed to achieve. It’s not easy and will never be but difficult roads often leads to beautiful destinations and, indeed, look around you. . Mission accomplished! Congratulations to us.

May 7, 2016