Do Your Research
• There are search sites which pull scholarships from many sources. Find a site that you like and create an account! Check back often for new and updated scholarships.
• Find out what department is responsible for scholarships at your school and become familiar with the scholarship offerings, requirements, and deadlines.
• Never pay to apply for a scholarship. If you are asked to pay a fee in order to apply, it’s probably a scam!
Know What Makes You Unique
• Find your niche and maximize on it; you would be surprised what types of scholarships are out there. What are your scholastic interests? What are your hobbies? Do you have a unique family situation? Have you overcome an obstacle? Use your experiences to your advantage!
• Do not procrastinate when you’re working on a scholarship application. Build plenty of time into your schedule to complete applications, write and revise essays, and meet deadlines!
• Don’t give up! If you don’t receive one scholarship, keep trying for others.