There has been a lot of talk lately about bullying and the need for prevention. Too often do children suffer in silence when being bullied in school. We need to work to end the silence of bullying and abuse!
Bullying might bring to mind an older kid demanding your lunch money, but bullying today takes many forms. With the advent of and proliferation of online environments and smart phones, bullying extends beyond the classroom into the virtual realm. The anonymity and lack of direct consequences in cyber bullying has contributed to the increase in bullying outside of the classroom. This form of bullying can easily be missed by adults who are not tuned in to what their kids do virtually.
Regardless of the forms that bullying can take, communities need to notice and address bullying when it arises.
What can you do?
- Be aware of bullying and the various forms that it can take (physical, verbal, and relational)
- When you see bullying, address it
- Learn more about bullying and the consequences
- Raise awareness for others
- Be a role model for others
Some Useful Resources