VIU will continue to offer e-textbooks to nearly all of its students in the Spring 2015 through VitalSource, previously known as CourseSmart. All textbooks available as e-textbooks have been added to Moodle for each course. Students may access these books by logging into their Moodle accounts. For those books not available as e-textbooks, students are required to obtain a copy on their own.
Students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with VitalSource’s Bookshelf by accessing the following resources:
- You can download Bookshelf on up to four different devices. Bookshelf is compatible on Mac/PC, iOS, Android/Kindle Fire, and online.
- Information on configuring a Bookshelf account can be found by clicking here.
- Visit VitalSource to download Bookshelf.
For more information regarding e-textbooks, students should contact their individual schools:
- School of Business students, contact Ms. Ishita Sagar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Computer Information Systems students, contact Mr. Son Nguyen at email@example.com
- School of Education students, contact Mr. Kevin Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Public & International Affairs students, contact Ms. Katherine Magalif at email@example.com
You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.